you say tomato...

May 20, 2011

like most brothers, austin & graham fight. and they know how to push one another's buttons. but lord help me if i have to listen to one more of their nonsensical arguments that leave austin screaming in frustration and graham laying on the floor sobbing. and the reason i cannot stand these arguments is that they just don't. make. any. sense.

this picture is the aftermath of just such an argument. although austin is the only one crying, it is usually graham who is even more upset.


yesterday's argument in the kitchen:
Graham: "I Austin. You Graham."
Austin (clearly annoyed already): "No Graham, I AM AUSTIN. I am Austin and you are Graham."
Graham (starting to cry): "No, I is Austin. I is Austin!!!" (wails and tears)
Austin: "NO Graham, you are Graham. Mom, he can't be Austin because I am Austin. He is Graham!!!"
Graham (wailing as he throws himself to the ground): "I not Graham, I Austin, I Austin, I Austin!!"

seriously?

this morning's argument as three boys were piled in my bed:
Graham: "Dats Carter, he my broder."
Austin: "Yes, Graham, and Carter is my brother, too."
Graham: "NOOOO, dats MY broder. Carter is MY broder!!"
Austin: "Graham, he's my brother, too! He's not just your brother!"
Graham (wailing): "NOO, dats my broder. Dats MY broder!! No Austin, dats MY broder!!"

i'm creating a new rule in the Hill house.... if you are going to argue, at least pick an argument that makes sense.

i know chris is reading this right now and thinking i need to practice what i preach.

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger