sleep deprived

Jun 7, 2011

people who say that they sleep like a baby don't have one.

this morning i awoke with 3 boys in my bed. and none of them were named chris.

i started in bed alone but at about 12:30am i was joined by carter. graham woke up in his own bed and had me lay by him several times before he joined me in bed at 3:00am. then austin came to join the party at about 4:45am. and i've been awake ever since.

this sleepless night comes after austin's nose bleed the night before. and graham's nose bleed the night before that. oh, and then the 3 months of sleeplessness with a newborn before that.

after a night like last, my first inclination is to be annoyed. but on this morning i am going to do my best to choose joy. ask God why he didn't create little boys with snooze buttons. make coffee and count my blessings.

like happy boys.

and a healthy, chubby baby.

and a husband who likes to make all of them laugh.

while all i want to do is crawl back in bed, i'm going to try to suck it up and not drag.

and pray that they all nap.


 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger